Job Opportunity: University Ambassador, Prime Education, remote
Everyday Health Group (EHG) is a recognized leader in patient and provider education and services attracting an engaged audience of over 74 million health consumers and over 890,000 U.S. practicing physicians and clinicians. Our mission is to drive better clinical and health outcomes through decision-making informed by highly relevant information, data, and analytics. We empower healthcare providers, consumers and payers with trusted content and services delivered through Everyday Health Group’s world-class brands.
PRIME Education, a property of Everyday Health Group, is looking for a University Ambassador to identify, cultivate, and maintain ongoing relationships with reputable colleges and universities that offer leading biomedical sciences PhD graduate programs to bring forth exciting career opportunities in Scientific Affairs, Research, and Strategy roles at PRIME. In order to build effective relationships with these top institutions, the University Ambassador will be responsible for becoming a subject matter expert on the PRIME business, including but not limited to understanding and appreciating the Company’s mission, the research and education developed by PRIME, peer-reviewed publications that showcase the outcomes and impact of our work, and important attributes of PRIME employees. Additionally, the University Ambassador will be expected to understand and articulate the nuances of the continuing medical education industry and PRIME’s unique and differentiated position. The daily responsibilities of the person in this role include (i) identifying and outreach to appropriate contacts at top colleges and universities with leading biomedical sciences graduate programs, (ii) providing background information on PRIME, the research and education we develop, and the continuing medical education industry to graduate students, alumni, and career services representatives at these schools, (iii) explaining the roles and responsibilities of Scientific Affairs, Research, and Strategy positions at PRIME, (iv) screening interested candidates as well as coordinating interviews. It is also expected that the University Ambassador will identify and independently lead career fairs sessions (both in-person and virtually), facilitate and schedule informational sessions through career services centers, including those specializing in career services for PhDs in the biomedical sciences, speak with prospective candidates about career paths and employment opportunities with PRIME, and maintain ongoing relationships with reputable colleges and universities. Furthermore, the person in this role will remain in contact with candidates that become employees of PRIME to support employee engagement and growth. The University Ambassador will report to the Executive Director, Scientific Affairs and work closely with other members of the PRIME management team to understand and support the needs of the business. Furthermore, the person in this position will also work closely with the Everyday Health Group human resources and recruiting team as candidates progress through the interview process.
● Conduct research to identify reputable colleges and universities that offer leading biomedical sciences PhD graduate programs
● Identify and outreach to appropriate contacts at the schools
● Cultivate and maintain ongoing relationships with reputable colleges and universities both in-person and virtually
● Become a subject matter expert on the PRIME business and understand the nuances of the continuing medical education industry
● Clearly and eloquently articulate background information on PRIME and employment opportunities to career services representatives and potential candidates
● Identify and independently lead career fairs sessions
● Facilitate and schedule informational sessions through career services centers
● Prepare materials to support outreach, career fairs, and informational sessions
● Effectively screen potential candidates and coordinate interviews
● Work with the PRIME management team to understand and support the needs of the business
● Coordinate with corporate human resources and recruiting team as candidates progress through the interview process
● Bachelor’s degree
● Prior experience recruiting candidates from academia
● Prior experience recruiting candidates in biomedical sciences or health care related industries
● Eager to learn and able to digest highly complex, scientific information
● Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
● Prior experience with social media outreach, preferred
● Highly motivated, self-starter
● High level of professionalism
● Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, and time management
● Willing to travel
Our Culture and Values
We created our values together to guide our collective purpose and pursuits. We are collaborators and problem solvers. We empower one another to make informed decisions and to be enabled towards action. We embrace success. We recognize that innovation can spark and be born from any of us no matter our individual role or background. We encourage open mindedness and sensitivity to each other and our environment. Our personal and professional passions get ignited, nurtured and supported. We value that doing is greater than talking as the most measurable means of impact. Our collective purpose to deliver enlightened audience experiences with trusted brands is what drives the success of our business and our professional satisfaction.
Life at Everyday Health
At Everyday Health Group, a division of Ziff Davis, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We believe in careers versus jobs and people versus employees. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
Everyday Health offers competitive salaries in addition to robust health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits, Flexible Spending accounts, 401(k) with company match, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Pregnancy and Parental leave, Family Planning Support via Maven, Flexible Time Off, Volunteer Time Off, Fitness Reimbursement as well as employee-focused engagement and education programs, including Employee Resource Groups and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic, flexible work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then Everyday Health is the place for you. Everyday Health Group has employees located in 35 states as well as offices in NYC, San Francisco, Asheville, Fort Lauderdale, and Denver.
Everyday Health Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees.