R&D Data Sciences Intern Summer 2023
In this role, you will work with colleagues in the R&D Data Sciences organization and partner with key businesses across Janssen to apply advanced data science and analytics to answer key research questions. As an intern, you will get the opportunity to work on cutting-edge problems at the intersection of machine learning and computer vision, digital health and multiomics. You will be a member of a dynamic team comprising data scientists and subject matter experts to create and iterate on data science solutions. Projects include, but are not limited to, developing, and applying machine learning methods for modeling and analysis of data from genomics to computer vision and digital health. Interns could be located out of our US locations in San Diego, San Francisco, Titusville, Raritan, Spring House, Boston, and Europe as well.
• Currently pursuing bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. degree in a computer science (or related with an emphasis on genetics or bioinformatics)
• Some experience processing and analyzing large-scale genomics, transcriptomics, and/or other -omics data.
• Some experience with exploratory data analysis and data visualization for biobank-scale medical data
• Required programming experience (eg. bash scripting, R, python) to implement workflows in HPC and cloud environments and writing, editing R libraries.
• Ability to present and communicate with stakeholders.
Experience in one or more of the following –
• Knowledge of genetics preferred.
For more information about the role and to apply, click here