Faculty position at Belmont University, Nashville, TN
The Department of Biology at Belmont University is seeking applications for a one-year Lecturer position beginning August 1, 2023. This is a full-time, non-tenure track, position. Depending on performance and university/department needs, the position may have the possibility for extension into the next academic year. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to teaching biology and related areas to undergraduate students.
· Twenty-four hours of undergraduate teaching per year (12 hours each semester) within the Department of Biology
· Teaching responsibilities could include courses and/or labs in introductory biology for majors and/or non-majors, human anatomy & physiology courses for science and/or nursing majors, microbiology for nursing majors, or additional courses depending on departmental needs.
· Create syllabi, course schedules for courses and students each semester
· Establish office hours outside of scheduled class meetings (8 hours/week)
· Manage online grading system and submit grades in a timely fashion
· Abide by all relevant university and/or department procedures and policies
· The above statements describe the job’s essential responsibilities and requirements, and are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to the successful candidate.
Required Qualifications include:
· A minimum of 18 hours of graduate level coursework in the biological sciences
· Knowledge of the subject matter being taught
· Skilled in the use of computers and the ability to learn relevant sections of BannerWeb and Blackboard, Belmont University’s online integrated system
· Ability to successfully interact with undergraduate students, other educators and educational representatives, and the general public in a professional manner
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
· Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies
· Prior college teaching experience is preferred, but not required
Interested candidates should complete the application at the following link: https://belmont.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=10&id=99
More information about the Department of Biology at Belmont can be found at the following link: https://www.belmont.edu/science-math/undergrad/biology/index.html
During the application process, applicants will be asked to attach a response to Belmont University’s Mission, Vision, Values, and “Five Ways of Being” articulating how the candidate’s knowledge, experience, and beliefs have prepared him/her to contribute to a Christ-centered, student-focused university of learning, service and give a brief statement of teaching philosophy.