ASPIRE Internship Opportunity: Adora Life Science Intern (remote position)
ASPIRE Internship Opportunity: Adora Life Science
Seeking a detail-oriented graduate students or post-docs for an internship to help accelerate a novel drug solution.
About Adora Life Science:
Adora Life Science has developed innovative formulations, that afford optimum absorption, and rapid relief of pain caused by soft tissue injuries, musculoskeletal disorders, and other clinical conditions characterized by acute and chronic pain. Products under development are for treating arthritis pain, inflammation, and diabetic skin conditions. Based in Franklin, TN and Albany, NY, Adora Life Science is helmed by Mike Vaughn and Thomas D’Ambra, PhD, developer of the active ingredient in the allergy medication Allegra.
About the position:
The Research Associate will gain experience in grant writing, pharmaceutical research, and new product business development. Specifically, they will help develop and write the research plan for a National Institute of Health Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grant to support further research into a novel biomolecule drug solution to Osteoarthritis (OA). Additionally, the Research Associate will be involved in business meetings with organizational partners to help with various aspects of the new pharmaceutical product research and development.
The Research Associate will:
- Conduct a literature and market review to identify current OA treatments to support the placement of Adora’s new product in the market.
- With the help of the research team, write portions of the NIH SBIR.
- Participate in meetings with the research team and organizational partners.
- Prepare additional materials, such as slide decks and as needed.
- Strong Communicator- concise, organized, and compelling
- Entrepreneurial mindset – take ownership of your work and understand business needs
- Collaborator – very comfortable working within multi-disciplinary teams
- Curious – interested in digging deep into new areas and connecting new dots
The successful candidate for this role will be expected to work 8-10 hours per week, for a minimum of 3 months beginning as soon as possible, with an opportunity to extend based on quality of work and availability.
Applications due noon, Wednesday, June 14
- Fill out the following ASPIRE Internship Application found here: https://redcap.link/ASPIREInternship_Application
- Submit a resume and cover letter as pdfs with your last name_Coverletter/Resume_AdoraLifeScience_Summer_2023 in the file name within the Redcap Application form linked above.
- Set up a zoom meeting with Ashley Brady via https://calendly.com/ashley-brady prior to the application deadline.
Your information will then be passed along to the organization who will contact you directly to schedule an interview.
For further questions, please contact Ashley Brady (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Applicants must be a current Vanderbilt University PhD student or a current postdoctoral fellow.
- All PhD students must have completed all coursework for their degree prior to the start of the internship.
- Biomedical PhD students must also have passed their qualifying exams before the application deadline.
- Students and postdocs may not participate in more than one internship at a time. More than one application may be submitted at a single time, but only one position can be accepted.
- If you are not in a department supported by the BRET office, we will also require that you complete a form guaranteeing PI approval to participate in this program. Please contact Ashley Brady at email@example.com for more information.
- If you are an international student or postdoctoral fellow, your visa status may affect your work eligibility. Please contact Ashley Brady (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss this further.
- Must be authorized to work in the US