ASPIRE Internship: Form Bio, Documentation and Education Intern, 2023-2024, remote
ASPIRE Internship Opportunity:
Documentation and Education Intern
(appx Nov 2023-Jan 2024)
Form Bio is a rapidly growing startup focused on advancing the field of computational life sciences. We are dedicated to creating innovative solutions that empower life scientists and physicians to better understand and utilize complex biological data. We are seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Documentation and Education Intern to join our team and assist in transforming the educational experience for users of our computational life sciences platform.
As a Documentation and Education Intern at Form Bio, you will play a vital role in enhancing the documentation and educational content associated with our genomics and proteomics workflows. You will collaborate closely with our Bioinformatics, Engineering, and Product teams to ensure that our platform’s documentation is clear, user-friendly, and effective for non-computationally savvy life scientists and physicians. This role provides a unique opportunity to contribute to improving user experience and knowledge dissemination in the rapidly evolving field of computational life sciences.
- Conduct an audit of existing documentation associated with each workflow to ensure accuracy and currency of information
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to gather insights and gather user feedback to identify pain points and areas for improvement
- Revise and rewrite technical content into more accessible and human-friendly language, while retaining scientific accuracy
- Add user-friendly details, tips, and tricks to enhance users’ understanding and utilization of workflows
- Work with the design team to create visually appealing and intuitive educational materials that enhance the overall user experience
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment with product enhancements and updates
- Assist in creating and updating video tutorials, step-by-step guides, and other educational resources
- Support other documentation and communication initiatives as needed
- Currently pursuing a degree in Life Sciences, Bioinformatics, Science Communication, or a related field
- Strong written communication skills with an ability to translate technical concepts into clear and engaging content
- Detail-oriented mindset and ability to organize and present complex information in an accessible manner
- Familiarity with genomics and proteomics concepts is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and document formatting
- Familiarity with Notion and Google Workspace is a plus
- Eagerness to learn, adapt, and collaborate within a dynamic startup environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage time effectively
- This is a remote internship opportunity, allowing you to work from your preferred location.
- The internship duration is approximately 12 weeks, with potential for renewal.
- Compensation is set at $25 per hour
- Expected commitment of 10 hours per week.
If you are a proactive and passionate individual interested in playing a pivotal role in transforming the educational experience for users of our computational life sciences platform, we encourage you to apply and join our innovative team at Form Bio.
Applications due midnight, Tuesday, October 17th, 2023
- Fill out the following ASPIRE Internship Application found here: https://redcap.link/ASPIREInternship_Application
- Submit a resume and any relevant writing samples or documentation projects you’ve been involved with attached at the end of the resume, and cover letter at the RedCap link above. Please submit documents as pdfs with your last name_Form Bio_Fa2023 in the file name.
- Set up a zoom meeting with Angela Zito at (email@example.com) prior to the application deadline.
Your information will then be passed along to the organization who will contact you directly to schedule an interview.
- Applicants must be a current Vanderbilt University PhD student or a current postdoctoral fellow.
- All PhD students must have completed all coursework for their degree prior to the start of the internship.
- Biomedical PhD students must also have passed their qualifying exams before the application deadline.
- Students and postdocs may not participate in more than one internship at a time. More than one application may be submitted at a single time, but only one position can be accepted.
- If you are not in a department supported by the BRET office, we will also require that you complete a form guaranteeing PI approval to participate in this program. Please contact Ashley Brady at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- If you are an international student or postdoctoral fellow, your visa status may affect your work eligibility. Please contact Ashley Brady (email@example.com) to discuss this further.
- Must be authorized to work in the US