Resources to foster communication with your PI
The Productive Postdoc Conversations program is a new, free and self-paced resource from the Postdoc Academy to support postdoctoral scholars and their mentors in having productive conversations. The program provides postdoc activities and mentor toolkits on 10 themes important for postdocs’ belonging and success:
- Setting Expectations
- Building an Actionable Career Plan
- Developing Resilience
- Working effectively in an Intercultural Environment
- Exploring Leadership
- Giving & Receiving Feedback
- Time Management
- Listing, Honing & Developing Transferable Skills
- Strategic Networking
- Managing Career Transitions (includes postdoctoral project closure/handover)
Each theme can be explored in 15-20 minutes and is grounded in the literature on mentoring and interviews of 40+ postdoc mentees and mentors.
The Postdoc Academy is an NIH-funded multi-institutional project that offers two free online courses that support postdoctoral scholars in their professional development during their training experiences, and in their transition to their chosen career path.