Skip to main content

Postdoctoral Diversity Fellowship at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia

Posted by on Monday, October 2, 2023 in Announcements .

Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) views diversity as the key driver of achievement, particularly when innovation is critical. The Postdoctoral Research Fellowship for Academic Diversity at CHOP partners with the University of Pennsylvania’s (Penn’s) Provost Fellowship Program, which are competitive programs with a common goal of increasing the diversity of the scholar community at both CHOP and Penn. Both organizations, though independent entities, partner to fund these Fellowship programs to attract promising researchers and educators from different backgrounds, races, ethnic groups, and other diverse populations whose life experience, research experience, and employment background will contribute significantly to their academic missions.

At a Glance

  • Salary ($65,000 in year 1, increasing in $2000 increments in years 2 and 3) and benefits*
  • Annual allowance for travel ($2,000) and supplies ($4,000)
  • One-time relocation bonus for external candidates ($5,000 Note: this is taxable)
  • Train in basic, behavioral, clinical, computational or translational research areas under direct supervision of a CHOP-based faculty member
  • Engage in a personalized mentoring component that supports trainees with various personal and professional goals and develops a professional network
  • Present work internally at CHOP Research Poster Day, Emerging Scientists Symposium, and within respective Departments/Divisions
  • Develop into an independent investigator and receive support to identify, apply for, and secure additional funding mechanisms
  • Prepare for next step in career with workshops and seminars to help with grant preparation and develop teaching skills

CHOP Faculty please note: The Research Institute covers the relocation allowance, travel/supplies funds, and 80% of the salary and benefits for the duration of the three-year appointment. The faculty member would be required to provide funding for the remaining 20% of salary support and benefits. Please contact with any questions.

To be eligible for the CHOP fellowship a CHOP-based research mentor will need to be selected for the postdoctoral lab. External candidates may use the Investigator Directory to search for faculty based on area of study

For more information and to apply please visit:

Please contact Paulette McRae, PhD ( with any questions you may have.