ASPIRE Internship Opportunity:
Insight Genetics, Inc.
2 International Plaza Dr.
Nashville, TN 37207
Insight Genetics (http://www.insightgenetics.com/) is dedicated to improving the lives of cancer patients through the design, development, and deployment of molecular diagnostic assays. Insight Genetics is seeking candidates for an internship in the Genomics Department. The internship will focus primarily on post-sequencing bioinformatics analysis and workflows. Individuals will gain exposure to clinical sequencing methods and a variety of laboratory procedures using established molecular techniques within the Insight Genetics laboratory. Individuals will work with staff to develop bioinformatics and scripting algorithms used for research efforts.
The goals for the internship are as follows:
- Demonstrate knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within molecular diagnostics.
- Training in the area of Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP).
- Contribute to troubleshooting both clinical sequencing and bioinformatics workflows across a variety of genomics methodologies in the area of oncology.
- Complete a scripting project in support of a research workflow.
- Internship will be from October-December, 2015. (appx 8-12 weeks).
- Internship is paid, part-time (8hrs per week) or full-time
- This opportunity will provide exposure to Genomics: next generation sequencing lab, design, and bioinformatics workflows, and Clinical Laboratory Practice: workflows, procedures, and sample handling
For more detailed information about this specific opportunity, please see the attached description:
Insight Genetics Internship
Applications due by midnight, September 7, 2015
Your information will then be passed along to the company who will contact you directly to schedule an interview.
For further questions, please contact Ashley Brady (email@example.com).
- Applicants must be a current Vanderbilt University PhD student or a current postdoctoral fellow.
- All PhD students must have completed all coursework for their degree prior to the Fall 2015 semester.
- Biomedical PhD students must also have passed their qualifying exams before the application deadline.
- If you are an international student or postdoctoral fellow, your visa status may affect your work eligibility. Please contact Ashley Brady to discuss this further.