Life Science Tennessee Conference Intern
217 5th Ave. North
Nashville, TN 37219
Life Science Tennessee (LifeSciTN) is a statewide, non-profit, member organization whose mission is to advance and grow the life science industry in Tennessee through advocacy, partnerships and alignment with economic and workforce development. Members include companies, universities, research institutions, government and economic development groups, and other industry associations involved in discovery and application of life sciences products and related services that improve the health and well-being of people throughout the world.
LifeSciTN conducts business and economic development activities; advocates on behalf of the industry; educates the public about the benefits of life sciences research and product development; and provides a network for the exchange of ideas, information and opportunities.
LifeSciTN will be offering an internship opportunity for fall 2016 to assist with planning and execution of LST|CON, LifeSciTN’s annual conference and meeting The position is unpaid and will provide meaningful experiences for an individual interested in the life science industry in Tennessee, as well as a unique opportunity to see behind the scenes of conference planning and production.
We are looking for a candidate with strong writing, project management, interpersonal and research skills who excels in time and task management.
Responsibilities of the Life Science TN conference intern include:
- conference programming management
- copywriting for conference materials and collateral development
- industry outreach
- conference logistics and coordination
- administrative and organizational responsibilities
- assist LifeSciTN staff on-site with conference production
About the conference:
- One-day conference offering power networking and top education content for life science professionals in Tennessee
- Attendees are industry professionals and leaders around the state, region and country
- Conference takes place on Thursday, November 3, 2016 at the Hutton Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee
- This is an unpaid, part-time internship
- We expect the intern to work approximately 3-5 hours a week remotely on projects determined at the beginning and throughout the internship period.
- There will be regular in-person meetings with LST staff for progress updates and planning
- Intern must be available to attend the full LST|CON meeting in-person to support the execution of the conference on Thursday, November 3, 2016 at the Hutton Hotel, 1808 West End Ave, in Nashville, TN
- The five-week internship will begin in October and run through early-November.
Applications due by noon, Monday, September 19, 2016
Your information will then be passed along to the organization who will contact you directly to schedule an interview.
Please review ASPIRE Internship FAQs: Found here
For further questions, please contact Ashley Brady (firstname.lastname@example.org).
ASPIRE Internship eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be a current Vanderbilt University PhD student or a current postdoctoral fellow.
- All PhD students must have completed all coursework for their degree prior to October 2016.
- Biomedical PhD students must also have passed their qualifying exams before the application deadline.
- If you are not in a department supported by the BRET office, we will also require that you complete a form guaranteeing PI approval to participate in this program. Please contact Ashley Brady at email@example.com for more information.
- If you are an international student or postdoctoral fellow, your visa status may affect your work eligibility. Please contact Ashley Brady to discuss this further.