ASPIRE Internship Opportunity:
Product Development Analyst
810 Crescent Center Drive,
Franklin, TN 37067
NextGxDx (www.nextgxdx.com) is a startup healthcare IP company located in Franklin, TN at the Cool Springs Life Science Center. Our mission is to help physicians search, compare, and order the right genetic test, the first time.
NextGxDx’s internship program is designed to help graduate students and post-doctoral fellows seeking to gain experience in a startup, healthcare IT company.
NextGxDx is looking for well-organized, energetic, and highly motivated individuals to assist with ongoing projects. Individuals will assist with various projects within the bioinformatics department depending both on the student’s interest and the needs of the department. We are a team-oriented company, and therefore, the intern will work closely with our Data Scientists on improving our product offering through the creative application of data. Given this, we are seeking individuals who have expertise in a specific discipline (science, IT) and are looking for experience and exposure to other disciplines related to working in a business/healthcare/analytics/startup environment that operates on the forefront of genetic medicine.
- Internship would be from October-December, 2015. (12 weeks with option to renew for an additional 12 weeks following an evaluation.
- Hours may vary, but the expectation is that the intern will be available for at least 8 hours per week. There is some flexibility depending on the interest and availability of the student.
- Internship will be paid at $15.00 per hour
- This opportunity will provide exposure to a biotech start-up environment, industry R&D and data science.
- The intern would be working directly with our data scientists on projects relevant to data curation/analysis within our marketplace.
- A formal letter from NextGxDx stating the internship goals and the intern’s accomplishments will be presented to the intern upon successful completion. This letter can be used as formal verification of the internship in subsequent job applications.
The intern will be requested to devote at least 1 day per week in the NextGxDx office. This is an important component of the internship that will provide a unique glimpse of what the daily activities of a startup company entail.
We seek individuals with the following characteristics:
- Goal oriented.
- Highly-motivated to learn and to experience a new field.
- Web-development skills are a plus (JS, jQuery, HTML/CSS).
- Experience with analytic programming languages (R, Python) and large datasets is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of genetics/genomics is a plus.
- Basic understanding of molecular biology and techniques is a plus.
- Pursuit of a degree in a biotechnology or IT‐related discipline (Biology, computer science, mathematics, etc.)
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and goals.
- Prior experience in a startup‐like environment or leadership in a student-run organization is a plus.
Applications due by midnight, September 7, 2015
Your information will then be passed along to the company who will contact you directly to schedule an interview.
For further questions, please contact Ashley Brady (email@example.com).
- Applicants must be a current Vanderbilt University PhD student or a current postdoctoral fellow.
- All PhD students must have completed all coursework for their degree prior to the Fall 2015 semester.
- Biomedical PhD students must also have passed their qualifying exams before the application deadline.
- If you are an international student or postdoctoral fellow, your visa status may affect your work eligibility. Please contact Ashley Brady to discuss this further.