Seeking business development associate for disruptive Nashville biotech startup
Job Title: Business Development associate
About Nashville Biosciences (NashBio):
NashBio’s business harnesses a unique genetic database linked to electronic medical records (EMRs) with years of longitudinal clinical data. The dataset is the largest and highest quality of its kind providing an unprecedented opportunity to glean valuable information from gene-disease associations. The business delivers research insights for pharma and biotech companies resulting in accelerated R&D and efficient trial design. Additionally, biotech spinout companies are being formed from the novel insights derived from the dataset.
NashBio is currently seeking a Business Development associate. The position is more expansive than a traditional business development role as it also entails management of the biotech spinout process. The ideal candidate will understand genetics and statistics, have significant experience in the pharmaceutical space, and have a strong entrepreneurial spirit. Responsibilities will primarily focus in two areas:
1. Engaging new and existing biopharma customers on our R&D insight offerings
2. Engaging investors and stakeholders to expand partnership opportunities and spinouts based on NashBio’s pheWAS technology
The offeree will report directly to the Chief Business Officer.
- Work with management to define revenue goals, increase customer base, add to existing customer profitability and expand existing channels
- Identify new partnership and investment opportunities in close collaboration with CSO and management
- Manage communication streams and presentations for clients and investors
- Support creation of proposal materials for proactive business development outreach
- Help in the creation of new business strategy and work closely with clients and partners to develop customized solution
- Strong analytical capabilities: highly proficient in Excel and financial modeling
- Project management and organizational skills
- Authorized to work in the US
Ideal candidate will also have:
- Previous business development experience in pharma or biotech
- Strong grasp of the current biotech sector and familiarity with industry players
- Understanding of biology and genetics especially as they relate to human disease processes, pharmacology, drug-protein interactions, signaling pathways etc.
- MBA or PhD, with 2 years of relevant work experience
- Startup mindset: willingness to grow and adapt quickly as the company changes
- Collaborator: very comfortable working within multi-disciplinary teams, using a fast-moving iterative approach
- Creativity: comfortable developing new business strategies and adapting to the needs of the clients
Competitive with other positions in the field.
Interested applicants should email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an exciting biotech startup that is fundamentally changing drug discovery & development processes in biopharma. Originally spun out of Vanderbilt University Medical Center, we are the only company of its kind that leverages years of rich longitudinal clinical data and genomic information of hundreds of thousands of individuals to address pressing R&D questions for our clients in the biopharmaceutical industry. We leverage this massive databank, along with unique computational methods developed at VUMC, to offer a range of precision medicine services to biopharma.
We are an equal opportunity employer & prohibit unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.