Title: Global Medical Liaison Officer
Reports To: Chief Medical Officer (CMO)
Location: Richmond, VA
Our company is growing and we’re in need of a motivated and adaptable individual to support the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and Global Medical Leadership team in facilitating and supporting a highly effective and strategic medical organization that collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to deliver on its goals in support of Indivior’s Vision and Mission. As a strategist, consultant, and implementer, the successful candidate will ensure streamlined activities within the medical organization based on strategic priorities. The right candidate for the job will report directly to Indivior’s CMO and will contribute to the long-term success of the company.
The responsibilities of this job include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist the CMO and the Global Medical Leadership team in effective and timely decision-making and execution of strategic medical initiatives
- Preparation for and facilitation of high priority meetings (e.g. Global Medical Leadership, Executive Committee, Science & Policy Subcommittee of Board, Board of Directors, Interactions with KOL/Other external stakeholders)
- Coordination/orchestration of projects or commitments directly involving the CMO and her direct reports. Primary responsibility is ensuring alignment with different stakeholders and making recommendations to CMO when such alignment is absent.
- Serve as the liaison between the CMO and internal as well as external stakeholders
- Assist with communication of strategic priorities on behalf of CMO and/or research in support of these. This includes development of draft communications/presentations for Global Medical meetings, Executive Committee or Board meetings, external presentations, etc.
- Monitor the progress of highly prioritized projects and ensure project activities are reported accurately and in a timely manner to the CMO and Global Medical Leadership team
- Assist with resolving issues and constraints related to Medical initiatives and escalate any risks to the CMO in a timely manner
- Liaises with Global Medical Leadership Team and Finance to develop financial strategies to ensure appropriate resourcing and timely spend of global and regional medical budgets
- Actively promote project management best practices to the Global Medical Leadership and medical project teams to support efficiency in planning, tracking, and delivering on target project and budget goals
Education: PhD, PharmD, or MBA preferred (Masters in Science considered if associated with extensive experience in Medical Affairs within pharmaceutical/biotech organization)
Field of Study: Preferably in Life Sciences field
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Experience launching new products or managing product changes is preferred
- Proven track record of meeting project objectives in dynamic environments by successfully managing, tracking and implementing successful strategies in regards to scope, quality, time and cost
- Experience in Medical Affairs is preferred
See job posting for more information