Job Title: Oncology Biomarkers Scientist, Proteomic
Department: Research & Development
Reports to: Manager, Molecular Oncology Group
Date: April 8, 2016
As a member of the Molecular Oncology Team at NantOmics and reporting to the manager of
Molecular Oncology, you will support the development and implementation of new biomarkers and manage successful working relationships with clients. The role requires proactive development of solutions, to address challenges and customer needs, meet scheduled deadlines and entails frequent interaction with internal stakeholders (Business Development, Clinical and Laboratory Operations, and Regulatory Affairs) as well as outside academic collaborators. You will be responsible for: scoping projects, defining project scope, requirements and deliverables; developing risk mitigation strategies, action plans and resolutions. The successful candidate will be the primary point of contact for clinical data interpretation, troubleshooting and presentation of results.
Participate and may lead the development and implementation of new biomarkers in collaboration with the Molecular Oncology Team and Academic KOLs; ensure the transition of selected assays from research to clinical grade (CLIA) (15%)
Compile, understand and critically evaluate scientific literature as well as clinical data to develop biomarkers strategies in collaboration with the R&D team and academic partners (20%)
Work with department manager to strategically review and prioritize project/study timelines in the NantOmics project portfolio, which ranges from small clinical feasibility studies through large clinical trials (10%)
Develop project plans, milestones and overall timelines, ensuring that all research and administrative activities are managed to timelines (10%)
Develop tools to effectively communicate projects status to department manager. Identify, communicate, and solve roadblocks or other issues. Identify and bring to the attention of department manager any barriers to and/or opportunities for progress. (15%)
Establish and maintain productive working relationships with key program players in multiple departments (Product Development, Clinical Operation, Business Development) in order to meet project objectives, timelines and deliverables. (20%)
Contribute to and manage efforts related to the preparation of clear, articulate and impactful abstracts, posters and manuscripts in collaboration with the R&D team and academic partners (10%)
Attend scientific conferences and visit academic customers as necessary; up to 30 % travel
Advanced Degree (PhD or PharmD). Must have expertise in oncology and translational science.
1) Experience with the discovery, characterization, clinical validation and utilization of innovative biomarkers
2) Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
3) Self-starter; capable of identifying and resolving problems independently
4) Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate with both senior and junior staff, within NantOmics and external collaborators
5) Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required.
6) Must be able to multi-task and operate effectively in a multidisciplinary research environment
7) Leadership skills including team motivation and delegation of responsibilities
8) Highly organized, exceptional attention to detail, and strong proficiency in documentation skills
9) Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Prism.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
This position is in an office work environment