Company: Educational Concepts Group
Job Title: Sr. Medical Writer
Summary: Research specialized areas of medical science in order to develop and execute scientifically accurate medical education. This position will work with internal and external members of multiple project teams to produce a range of print, live, and electronic materials that satisfy the needs of Educational Concepts Group's target audiences. All functions must be performed in a timely manner; within departmental/company standard operating procedures; and in compliance with ACCME, ACPE, and ANCC guidelines.
Essential Functions include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Medical Writing and Content Development
- Independently manage projects' content development and editorial activities, as assigned, to effectively meet established educational objectives
- Ensure that established educational objectives are adequately represented and adhered to in all assigned materials, projects, and programs
- Write, edit, and proofread scientific communications (primarily for physician, pharmacist, and nurse audiences)
- Develop slide sets, manuscripts, monographs, newsletters, meeting reports, posters, abstracts, on-line education programs, videos and other materials that utilize assimilated knowledge of specialized therapeutic areas
- Interpret and clearly communicate written summaries of medical literature
- Formulate education outcomes assessments and interpret results
- Research and source appropriate medical literature for Educational Concepts Group's science projects and grants utilizing various information sources such as journal subscriptions, academic libraries, and literature search databases (eg, PubMed)
- Assist with concept development for science projects
- Incorporate feedback from internal colleagues, supporters, and faculty
- Proofread all science work to comply with in-house and/or AMA style guides
- Take briefs as needed
- Maintain relevant scientific and medical knowledge of key therapeutic areas
- Remain abreast of ACCME , ACPE, and ANCC changes and guidelines to help ensure that all materials developed are within them
- Proactively and independently gather background information to maintain working knowledge of therapeutic category
- Seek opportunities to develop skills in research, writing, and information technology
- Assist in the creative development and writing of educational grants, new business presentations, and proposals as needed
- Seize opportunities for organic growth of Educational Concept Group's business and advise colleagues of potential opportunities for new business
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel to off-site meetings and/or programs
- Ensure assigned tasks are completed on time and within budget
- Provide advance notice when timelines are likely to be compromised
- Attend medical conferences, scientific symposia, and additional scientific meetings as deemed appropriate
- Assist with on-site activities (eg, slide review with faculty, set up, and logistics)
- Take comprehensive notes during general sessions and breakouts
- Collect any other relevant information
Travel Requirements: Requires ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
Education and/or Experience: Master's or Doctoral degree in a life or health sciences; or Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy or Nursing (with OCN) with equivalent clinical oncology experience.
Technical Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess excellent communication skills, have proficient knowledge of proposal development; needs assessment; data retrieval, interpretation, and presentation; hematology/oncology research; adult learning principles; and ACCME, ACPE, ANCC, PhRMA, and OIG guidelines. In addition, an individual should be skilled in the use of PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook, as well as, audio conferencing and audio/visual equipment.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume via email to Crystal Gatto, Director of Talent Acquisition, at email@example.com.