Roche is the world leader in in vitro diagnostics (IVD) and tissue-based cancer diagnostics and a front runner in diabetes management. Roche Sequencing is seeking a talented biostatistician to collaborate with experimentalists and bioinformatics team members on study designs and large-scale genomic analyses that enable the approval of next-generation sequencing (NGS) IVDs to impact patients through personalized medicine.
You should enjoy working with others, be flexible in modifying existing statistical methods or developing new methods for the problem at hand, and have a strong desire to pursue creative solutions to challenging problems in an interdisciplinary and fast paced environment.
- Help to design studies and modify or develop statistical methodologies for NGS data analysis, including innovative and cutting edge NGS platforms, across a range of applications.
- Collaborate with experimentalists and bioinformatics team members and contribute statistical expertise to joint projects.
- Work proactively with stakeholders to address problems relevant to hypothesis testing and biomarker validation in a range of biological contexts with a focus on human genetics and infectious diseases.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
As a strong candidate, you will have many of the following qualities:
- Possess an advanced degree in biostatistics, statistics, or a related discipline (Ph.D. preferred).
- Enjoy working in a team environment and collaborating with other bioinformatics scientists and biologists.
- Comfortable writing code in R (including familiarity with Bioconductor packages), or other scripting languages such as Python.
- Have some experience with machine learning algorithms.
- Have previous experience with genomics data analysis in a compute cluster environment. Experience working with at least one existing NGS platform is preferred.
- Comfortable working in a *ix environment.
- Knowledgeable or interested in the biology or applications of personalized medicine in the areas of human genetics, immunology, or infectious diseases.
- Passionate about applying your skills to advance medicine and help patients.
Who we are
At Roche, 85,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location United States, California, Pleasanton
See the full posting and apply at this link: http://www.roche.com/careers/jobs/jobsearch/job.htm?id=E-3017264212&loca...