Navigating Dead Ends
Opportunities that did not pan out, a time crunch, or a change in path may have you panicking about what to do next in your job search. Take a deep breath, and know there are a few solutions to pursue.
- It’s April and I Still Don’t Have a Job! The Panicked Scientists’ Guide to Accelerated Job Searches by Peter Fiske for ScienceCareers.org
- Tooling Up: Getting Stuck by David Jensen for ScienceCareers.org
- 6 Tips for Making a Successful Career Change by Miriam Salpeter for Money
- Tooling Up: Two Choke Points by David Jensen for ScienceCareers.org
- Informational Interviewing 101 by Robin Wagner for The Chronicle (Informational Interviews are a great way to meet new people and learn about career paths.)
- Presenting Illnesses and Changes of Direction from ScienceCareers.org